Friday, May 22, 2015

Designing and Creating our Happy Places


Woohooo! Exciting morning! No new revelations in the past hours but a lot happening in the physical realm. So as I said yesterday, we picked up veggies at the farmers market. I have a full cooler of fresh organic veggies. We also hit the surf. The waves were medium with a really nice shape so it was an epic session with the sun setting behind the clouds creating all the magic effect of dispersion and coloring the entire sky in different tones of red and blue.

These little moments make me happy and keep me sane. This takes me to another teaching I have received through a podcast of the Unmistakable Creative while driving to the beach yesterday. The main teaching is that we can design our environments so we can then feed from them without having to spend insane amount of will power energy to plow through the energies of our surroundings. By designing our environment appropriately the environment feeds us energy that helps us move towards where we want to go. The podcast’s guest that talked about this is Jim Bunch and the title of the podcast is called Designing your environment for optimal performance and creativity.

Nowadays a lot of people are trying to find their way and their purpose through this maze of life. More and more there is cluttering of information and cluttering of material things so it is hard to find the path or to set the vision. People are looking at wisdom leaders to find answers and in a lot of cases when listening to these leaders the guidance seems great but then when going back to their environments their energy gets sucked out of them again. Being an architect of our environments is a skill set we can develop to design and create the environments that help us strive to fulfill our purpose every day. Also, environments are not only our physical environments. Other environments can be our email inbox, our computer in general, our brains, our emotions, the people we hang out with, etc. Check in what state all your environments are and which ones make you strive and which ones suck the energy out of you. If we are creative we can could even design our environments so they interact with each other for extra benefit. If you are interested in this check out the podcast and check out other podcasts from the Unmistakable Creative, they are great and inspiring.

Going back to the things that have happened to me these days, like going to the farmers market, receiving sunshine, surfing and writing, these are all contributors to making my environments healthy which then help me strive in the rest of my life. In my case I need sports to be happy, I need to eat healthy food to be happy, I need to connect with nature to be happy and I need to cuddle with my wife to be happy, so that’s where I am heading tonight! Baby I’m coming home!

1 comment:

Dave said...

awesome entry Allan!! Keep em coming :)