Sunday, June 21, 2015

Unusual Sunday, its Father's day here in Costa Rica - Day 29

Oh Sunday! The night was really warm. I set up the fan from the innovation cave so we would not sweat into the sheets. Once the fan was on, the night became really enjoyable. Before going to bed I turned on the computer to try and write yesterday's blog but my brian's connections were not functioning right. What I wanted to write about yesterday was that I had one too many jeje. We had a little party with friends yesterday!

We woke up with the fan still on which made it nice to stay a little longer in bed even though it was still pretty hot. After waking up we headed down stairs to start preparing a nice little Sunday breakfast. I was reaching for the blender's blades and the rest of its pieces from the drying rack. In one of my turns, I accidentaly bumbed the blender's container, which is made out glass. It bounced off the counter and was flying to the ground. In a reflexive attempt to save it I extended my leg to try and catch it before it hit the ground, but in the same reflective movement I realized I was not going to make it so I removed my foot from the impact zone. While the blender's container was shattering against the ground I was balancing myself in an awkward position and while trying to re gain balance I scraped my foot against one of the pieces of glass on the floor and blood inmediately started flowing out. The cut stung and my foot was full of blood. I could not tell how deep or large the cut was. Elkita helped me clean it up and even though there was quite a bit of blood coming out, the cut was pretty small. Elkita cleaned it up with some soap and water and I put some pressure on it until the blood flow was small. Then Elkita patched me up. All is good now.

All patched up by Elkita

To add to this story. In the process of getting the soap and water and band aids, Elkita realized that Lupe had gone to do number two  in the night in our downstrairs bathroom. We could not help but laugh about how this day had started. Before anything happened Elke was going to tell me how she liked our systems to start the day off, with breakfast for example but then all this happend. Either way our systems helped us take care of everything pretty quickly and still prepare a delicious breakfast.

Today is fathers day here in Costa Rica. I am very blessed to have a father that has guided me and supported me all my life. He was strict in some of his ways when he was raising us which made me become strong in a lot of aspects. He also gave me a lot of freedom while growing up as well. He now is calm and has a lot of self love. He is one of the persons that does not let his mind sabbotage him that much. He is self assured. He finds the wisdom from within. And has a great inner and core strength. What I cherish the most about my Dad is that he is always there to lend me a hand. I know that he will always be there for me. Feliz dia Pa! Happy day to all the fathers out there.

My mentor, supporter and friend from the beginning.

Another great teaching I had from my Reiki teacher was to always be open to the wisdom of our elders. To all my elders thanks for sharing the wisdom.

Blessings and happy Sunday family!

No comments: