Thursday, June 18, 2015

Changing Habits – Day 27

Alrighty then! Hello everyone! The week is slowly winding down. I feel like I am winding down myself. I made myself not drink mate yesterday because I felt I had drank too much the day before and because I don’t want my body to depend on it. It was a rough day. I had a hard time staying awake in front of the computer, so I am guessing that my body indeed is a bit addicted to it. I was going to do the same thing today but I think I am going to drink a bit instead so I can actually be awake and do stuff. When I feel tired like this I look at a bed or a couch and the idea of falling asleep seems so nice!!! But the water for the mate is heating up and soon I will be full speed. I will try to slowly get off of it or drink a little bit less a day. However, I love mate and I love the ritual that comes with drinking it so it will always be around me. I just don't want to abuse it.

This morning and last night I meditated on some little couches we have on our front porch. It was beautiful, soothing and relaxing. I think I had a great sleep due to that meditation. Also, all this inward and creative practice have kept my emotions in check. I am not getting anxious, I am not getting over excited (well maybe when I learn something AWESOME I get over excited), I am not getting overwhelmed much lately and I didn’t even cry when Uruguay lost against Argentina two days ago. I guess I will really test this when I have to go to the Water Department to ask them if they could fix a water pipe that is leaking right outside of my house. It will be fine.

Mate water is ready!

Yesterday we went to the supermarket with Elkita and got a bunch of produce. I have been reading Mariana’s and Chris’ posts and they are both mentioning detox and they are both mentioning a lot of green smoothies. Green smoothies are better than all fruit smoothies because they have less sugar, they have more fiber and the greens have some kind of component that keep you energized and craving less foods for longer periods of time. Sugar gives you a high but also a low that makes you crave food quicker. Sugar in general causes inflammation in our body and this inflammation is what prevents our body from functioning properly and eventually creating diseases. Sugar in not just sugar cane or fruit sugar but it’s also the sugar the body creates when quickly processing processed simple carbs like flour. I started seeing processed simple carbs as a body cocaine since they gives the body a sugar rush and then the body needs more. I notice this when I eat chips. I cannot stop eating them, so I don’t buy them. Remember when I talked about creating our environments? This is an example. Not buying foods that harm you so we are not tempted to eat them. Full stocked pantries with a bunch of processed goodies are a curse and the worst temptation.

A funny story is that while growing up, my mom used to buy sweet stuff to keep in the pantry and the stuff would disappear in less than half a day. It was three growing boys in the house. My mom learned fast and stopped buying sweet stuff. We never had Coke, we never had cookies, we never had sweet cornflakes, and we never had ice-cream. Well we actually would have ice-cream every once in a while but Tommy would eat up the entire quart in one sitting. We also used to buy sweet yogurt and I was the one in charge of finishing the quart before anyone else was awake in the house. I am glad my mom learned fast. I think this decision of having a non-sugar and non-processed addictive foods in our pantry helped us be healthier today. Thanks mom!

I am not saying cut sugar. I am just saying be moderate. When you make a smoothie incorporate some greens instead of all fruits like I used to do. Now I started with green smoothies. Thanks Mariana and Chris for the great tips.

I also started reading Amateo Ra’s eBook which talk about getting through resistance to evolve into our Higher Selves. I just read the beginning and it is looking pretty interesting.

That’s all for today family! I am trusting the universe is guiding you through your path and that you are constantly shedding layers of conditioning and breaking through resistance to continuously evolve into your higher self.

The mate has definitely woken me up!

Hulk green smoothie glass and mate savior


Blessings! 

No comments: